The following are research papers I have written for college and seminary. Most of them do not represent my finished thoughts on topics, but only my research and a tentative position. The stars after the name represents my opinion of the readability and overall value of the paper.
To comment on a paper, please begin your comment with the title of the paper you are commenting on.
– A paper describing the origins of Christian Liberalism.
– On the man who (intellectually) conquered Liberalism, and how he did it.
– A paper focusing on the Pauline passages on gender roles in the church (Note: this paper represents a stage in a journey towards a more fully developed theology of gender. It is helpful as a perspective, but not necessarily how I would express my current beliefs)
– A paper focusing on the Genesis account of the creation of gender (Note: this paper represents a stage in a journey towards a more fully developed theology of gender. It is helpful as a perspective, but not necessarily how I would express my current beliefs)
– A paper examining the origins of just-war theory in the mind of Augustine, who then transmitted it to the church. This paper represents a significant leg on my continuing journey towards coming to a conclusion on pacifism/just-war theory.
– This is a paper I think is very important for the Evangelical church, which is (in large part) ignoring the pressing needs of a renewed, Christian vision of environmental stewardship.
– On why the Creeds are vitally important for Evangelicals today
– On the methods and purpose of baptism
– On the Armenian/Calvinist debate. Sorry – writing and format are a little rough.